WINDFIX XD3 is a fast setting specially modified copolymer in accordance with Stress Group D3. It provides excellent adhesion to laminate/wood/veneer/particle board/block board to wood/ply/flush door/MDF/HDF. It also offers hot water-resistance and excellent bonding in lamination with all grades of wood after optimum curing. WINDFIX XD3 shows better and cohesive strength at elevated temperatures, versatile balance that renders adhesive with very good heat resistance. It is formaldehyde free, non-flammable and non-combustible in nature.
- Specially made for the excellent bonding in handicraft industry and bonds laminate/ acrylic/wood/veneer sheet to wood/ply/flush door/MDF/HDF.
- It is used in lamination application in Modular Furniture and Wood Working industries. It can be used as a fast setting adhesive.
2. APPLICATION METHOD
- The surfaces should be free from dust, oil and grease. They should be dry and properly leveled. For best results, roughen the surfaces to be bonded.
- Ensure adhesive container is stirred well before use.
- WINDFIX XD3 adhesive should be applied as a thin, even coating to one surface only.
- FOR PLY TO LAMINATE: Before allowing adhesive to dry, bring both the surfaces in contact, align properly and start pressing from one side by using wet squeezed cloth to avoid bubbles and ensure uniform contact.
- FOR WOOD TO WOOD: Before allowing adhesive to dry, bring both surfaces in contact and align properly. To get best results keep them pressed for 24 hours.
- Excess adhesive that oozes out from edges should be wiped off with a wet squeezed cloth.
- Pressure can be applied by using Clamps, Weight, Cold Press, Hot Press, Roller Press etc.
- If required, pressure can be released after 3 to 4 hours and then bonded assembly can be processed further.
3. PRODUCT FEATURES
- Excellent Hot Water resistance and Heat resistance properties. It also meets the requirement of Stress Group D3.
- Ready to use and high bonding strength.
- Fast setting adhesive
- Higher coverage compared to solvent based adhesive system of 86-90 sq. feet/kg.
- Easy to apply by brush, spatula or glue roller.
- Solvent free, non-toxic, non-hazardous , non-flammable, free formaldehyde.
- Free from offensive smell.
- Low VOC, Green Product.
4. ADHESIVE PROPERTIES
5. TYPICAL GENERAL PROPERTIES
WINDFIX XD3 must be stored and maintained in proper cool and dry storage condition. Iron or galvanized-iron equipment and containers are not recommended because the adhesive is slightly acidic.
7. SHELF LIFE
If stored in the original, unopened containers at cool (below 30°C) and dry place WINDFIX XD3 has a shelf life of 9 months from the date of manufacture.
500gm, 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg, 20kg, 50kg v