WINDFIX Oceanic is a PVAc based specially modified copolymer for marine plywood. It provides excellent adhesion to laminate/wood/veneer/particle board/block board to wood/ply/flush door/MDF/HDF. It also offers very high exterior water-resistivity and excellent bonding in lamination with all grades of wood after optimum curing. WINDFIX Oceanic shows better and cohesive strength at elevated temperatures, versatile balance that renders adhesive with very good heat resistance. It is formaldehyde free, non-flammable and non combustible in nature.
Specially made for the handicraft industry and bonds all types of wood and ply to laminate, mainly in exterior areas where furniture is affected by high moisture/water. Bonds laminate/acrylic/wood/veneer sheet to wood/ply/flush door/MDF/HDF.
2. APPLICATION METHOD
- The surfaces should be free from dust, oil and grease. They should be dry and properly leveled. For best results, roughen the surfaces to be bonded.
- Ensure adhesive container is stirred well before use.
- WINDFIX Oceanic adhesive should be applied as a thin, even coating to one surface only.
- FOR PLY TO LAMINATE: Before allowing adhesive to dry, bring both the surfaces in contact, align properly and start pressing from one side by using wet squeezed cloth to avoid bubbles and ensure uniform contact.
- FOR WOOD TO WOOD: Before allowing adhesive to dry, bring both surfaces in contact and align properly. To get best results keep them pressed for 24 hours.
- Excess adhesive that oozes out from edges should be wiped off with a wet squeezed cloth.
- Pressure can be applied by using Clamps, Weight, Cold Press, Hot Press, Roller Press etc.
- If required, pressure can be released after 3 to 4 hours and then bonded assembly can be processed further.
3. PRODUCT FEATURES
- Excellent Water resistance and Heat resistance in interior and exterior use for high moisture areas.
- Ready to use and high bonding strength.
- Higher coverage compared to solvent based adhesive system of 90-96 sq. feet/kg.
- Easy to apply by brush, spatula or glue roller.
- Solvent free, non-toxic, non-hazardous, non-flammable, free formaldehyde.
- Low VOC, Green Product.
4. ADHESIVE PROPERTIES
WINDFIX Oceanic must be stored and maintained in proper cool and dry storage condition. Iron or galvanized iron equipment and containers are not recommended because the adhesive is slightly acidic.
6. SHELF LIFE
If stored in the original, unopened containers at cool (below 30°C) and dry place WINDFIX Oceanic has a shelf life of 9 months from the date of manufacture.
500gm, 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg, 20kg, 50kg