WINDFIX MB is a water-based specially modified copolymer to offer excellent adhesion to PVC sheet to wood/ply/flush door, the dispersion is poly (vinyl alcohol) stabilized for good wet tack, setting speed and excellent machinability. Also the WINDFIX MB emulsion is formaldehyde free & below 1000ppm residual monomer product that deliver bonding that remains permanent with flexibility and resistance to aging. WINDFIX MB shows better adhesive and cohesive strength at elevated temperatures-a versatile balance that renders adhesives with very good heat resistance.
WINDFIX MB* adhesive is used to bond PVC sheet to wood/ply/flush door
2. APPLICATION METHOD
- The surfaces should be free from dust, oil and grease. They should be dry and properly leveled.
- Start the machine and adjust the temperature to 90-120°C.
- Mix the MEMBRANE PRESS adhesive with HARDNER in the ratio of 100:3 to 5 by weight and mix it thoroughly. We are also suggesting to add our color with WINDFIX®MB* to spray adhesive uniformly and avoid wastage of adhesive. Hence, higher coverage will be achieved.
- Pour the mixture in the clean spray gun with clean nozzle of about 1.5 to 1.6mm and close the lid tightly. Start the compressor and adjust the pressure to 3.5 to 4 psi.
- Spray the mixture from the distance of about 8 to 10 inches on the surface.
- Adjust the PVC film to be bonded on the adhesive wooden surface.
- Apply pressure of 5000 psi at 120-125°C for 2 to 3 minutes but it varies when using different thickness of PVC skin.
- After this, take out the bonded specimen and let it cool to room temperature.
- Bonding of PVC film to be checked at the edges after approx. 1 hour.
3. PRODUCT FEATURES
- Ideally suited for bonding PVC sheet to wood/ply/flush door.
- WINDFIX MB+ Membrane Press Adhesive can be used as a single component adhesive but in combination with 3 to 5% WINDFIX®Membrane Hardener, it gives extra water resistance, heat resistance and strong bonding.
- Excellent heat & water resistance.
- 50% higher coverage compared to solvent based adhesive system. Coverage 100-120 Sq. feet/kg both sides.
- More eco friendly and less harmful compare to solvent based adhesive.
- Excellent spray ability & ease of cleaning. Low VOC, free formaldehyde, Green Product.
- No volatile losses & has a pot life of 3 to 4 hours with 3% hardener.
4. ADHESIVE PROPERTIES
|Emulsion Solid Content||:||50+2%|
|Viscosity at 30°C in cps||:||500 to 1000 cps|
|Gel time at 150°C||:||60 to 180 Sec|
|Density at 20°C||:||Approx. 1.06 to 1.07 g/cm|
|Solubility in water|
5. TYPICAL GENERAL PROPERTIES
WINDFIX MB* must be stored and maintained in proper cool and dry storage condition. Iron or galvanized-iron equipment and containers are not recommended because the adhesive is slightly acidic
7. SHELF LIFE
If stored in the original, unopened containers at cool (below 30°C) and dry place WINDFIX MB has a shelf life of 6 months from the date of manufacture
35kg Carboy, 220kg Plastic drum and 1MT IBC containers